Monday, March 25, 2013

Bear? Bigfoot? St. Bernard?

I'm gonna have to go back and check the dates, but I'm pretty sure it was July 15, 2012. I decided to take the long way home from Target. I was alone so there wasnt anyone there to argue the detour. I drove up the road and made a left onto another rd. around 7:20 pm. It was super hot so I had all the windows down.
I passed the fire station and the pumpkin patch. I was enjoying the ride while always cautious of the fact a deer, or several, could be lurking around the next bend. While rounding the last bend before descending into the next town. I saw the hindquarters of a large brown coppery animal disappear into the brush right at the end of the guard rail. I'd say I was 50-60 yds. Away.
I don't remember slowing down, but I do remember saying out loud, to myself "What the f* was that?" as I rolled up the windows. Upon approaching the exact spot I had spotted whatever it was I was too fearful to check the side it was on but instead checked the side it must've come from. There was a house there.
Bear, was my immediate thought, but even that seemed far fetched. A very, very large dog, I tried reasoning. The whole way home I tried to rationally decide what I had seen.
When I arrived home I jokingly updated facebook that I thought I had seen a bear, possibly a baby bigfoot. I immediately searched bear sightings in PA. The first thing that came up was the Jacob's photo being identified as a bear with mange. it was the closest thing i could find that resembled what I'd seen.
I had been somewhat enthusiastic about Bigfoot for a few years before this day. No research or anything. Just thoughts and and interest.
A friend I spoke with confirmed a bear had been sighted in that area that evening, but I always wonder. I'm attaching a pic of the Jacob's photo and also my location of the sighting. The picture is from yesterday, so over 8 mos. from the time. Even if it was a bear, It's still a good sighting, I feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment