Sunday, April 7, 2013

I don't want to see a bigfoot

So I've engaged in heading outdoors into semi woodsy areas during the day. I've chosen areas that I've decided would be good spots over the winter. I haven't visited the exact locations of 2 spots I'm very interested in. I'm afraid to cross boundaries and I don't want to impose on anyone's private property.
Even in daylight hours the thought of what could potentially be hidden among the trees plays heavy on my conscience. I almost wish I could go back to the time when I was unaware of and out of tune with my surroundings. I note now whether or not birds are singing in certain areas, I look at trees and can't help but try to determine whether their positionings have naturally occured, I inspect the ground for any prints that may be out of the ordinary and I stop periodically and listen for possible noises that would otherwise go unnoticed.
One thing I struggle with is skimming the perimeters of an area I'm in for movement. I don't want to see movement. Just know that my intentions, at this point in time, are actually NOT to see a bigfoot. I'm interested only in residual evidence. I'm not on board at all to witness the happenings. I'll more than happily pick up the pieces, if any, leftover in the aftermath.
Night vision, while extremely cool, would be of no use to me at this point and thermal imaging even less. What I am interested in is setting up a trail camera of sorts or perhaps some recording equipment. I'm by no means in a position where I feel those pieces of equipment are necessary. I'm going to keep seeking locations and gathering information.

No comments:

Post a Comment