Friday, August 30, 2013

Bigfoot Math

I enjoy this subject, I really do. I enjoy the people and the enthusiasm, hell, I even enjoy the negativity. It is truly mysterious. Not just the subject itself but every facet surrounding it.
Now, I'm no one to police the crowds or revoke people's Footer Licenses, but I'd like to insert my cheaper than cheap two cents.
As of late I can't help but notice how some are taking an already great mystery and attempting to complicate it further. Simple minded may not be the best choice when describing one's self but it's fitting here. Simple, unobstructed and open (we're gonna use open very loosely in its definition here). There are things we understand about this subject and the 
matters surrounding its possible existence. There are some answers that we're aware of and many more that we're not. We tend to have to work a bit harder at the unanswered questions. And you have a choice of how you go about doing so. 
Picture, if you will, a sixth grade math assignment. You are just about finished. Left unanswered are numbers 7 and 13 of the sheet. You have a few choices here.
1. You attempt to solve the problems by going back and reviewing previous work. You study, research your mind, exhaust all efforts in an attempt to find the correct answer. 
2. You guess.
3. You leave the answer blank and convince your teacher that if he/she looks close enough or perhaps opens their mind a little they'll not only see it, but they'll find that it is the most correct answer to ever cross their desk forever changing everything they thought they knew about math.

You see where I'm going with this? Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment